Friday, March 28, 2008

Yahoo mash


As far as I can tell, no 360 friend invites are going through. All attempts to send an invite will fail. Who knows if this problem will ever be fixed. It certainly is not a priority with 360 being phased out soon. In the meantime I thought it would be nice to try something new.

Recently I got an invite to yahoo mash, which is in beta. It is something like a social networking site like facebook or 360. There is a friends list on it that actually works for adding friends, unlike 360. You can add or remove modules and some let you insert html, so it is more customizable than most things. The gimmick of mash is that you can edit your friend's pages. If nothing else it is a fun toy to play with and worth checking out.

If you are reading this and have not yet been invited to mash, contact me for one. This especially applies to people who have tried and failed to invite me as a 360 friend. Whether by 360 message, IM, or comment to this post, send me your email address and I will invite you. Invite your friends too once you get in. Let's make use of this thing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate an invite. I think I may have seen you on the relatively new site "Spankers". I had conclude there was a problem w/ 360 invites but this is the 1st post I've seen that addressed it.

Why are they phasing out the 360 site? Will it cease to exist or morph into some new version? Thnx.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to invite you but I'll need your email address. If you'll put your email here I'll send you one. As far as why 360 is being phased out, they decided to trash it in favor of some amazing super yahoo user profile system they are making. I am not sure but they say it will be coming out soon this year. They have said they will transition all 360 blog posts and stuff to the new system when it comes out. And yes I already am joined on the spankers site, although I really don't like the idea of a community in a bubble.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ace. My e-mail address is tpc2454@yahoo.com. I agree about the "Spankers" site. It's sort of a strange format. But I've already made some friends so I guess it has it's advantages. Thnx again.

Anonymous said...

I suppose I wouldn't mind checking this mash thing out....wwehuskerchic@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Invites have now been sent to both of you.